Technique #1: Basic resume writing tips
1. Heading & Career ObjectiveThe heading, or the first section of a resume, should contain your full name and contact information. Make sure that your telephone number and e-mail address on the resume are correct because they are vital data. If your prospective employer finds your resume attractive but cannot contact you because of the incorrect contact information you provided, you will immediately lose the job opportunity. In the career objective section, you should clearly specify the position you are applying for and how the skills and ability that you have can help the company achieve its goals, but you should keep it concise.
2. Personal InformationPersonal information includes your birthdate, marital status, weight, height, religion, nationality and your hobbies. If preferred, you may opt out information about your weight, height, nationality and religion and specify only your birthdate, marital status and hobbies.
3. Educational BackgroundA recommended format for writing your educational background section is:
- - List your educational degree in descending order, beginning with the highest degree first.
- - If you use a one-line format, you should begin with the years, followed by your degree and then the name of the institution.
- - Training courses or extra-curriculum activities that you attended should be indicated only if they are relevant to the position you are applying for.